Saturday, July 26, 2008

2009 Specialized City Bikes

I find it very heartening to see, when looking through the new 2009 Specialized bikes, that Specialized is not messing around when it comes to offering cyclists & riders a plethora of city-bike options.

One of the collection of models that I particularly noticed was the Vienna collection, specifically the Vienna Deluxe 5 and the Women's Vienna Deluxe 5. It seems to me that the Vienna collection is a quite a nice addition to what was an already great line of bikes from Specialized as they provide riders with a very functional city-bike.



I know that some people may argue that there's not much of a functional difference between, say, the 2009 Specialized CrossTrail and the 2009 Specialized Vienna 2 as it is more than likely that both bikes will be used in many similar situations (e.g., to the farmer's market for some fresh summer tomatoes, to the video store to drop off last night's movie, and to the coffee shop for the morning motivational).

I would argue that however similar the usage of the two different bikes may be, the CrossTrails and the Viennas are different tools for different jobs. It seems to me as if the CrossTrails would be more appropriate for riders who are looking for a versatile sport/fitness bike whereas the Viennas would be more appropriate for riders looking for a sporty city-bike.

I admit that I am splitting bike-usage hairs here. As a certifiable bike-nut, however, this bike-usage hair-splitting has been invaluable for if I didn't split hairs such as these, how would I ever be able to justify to myself and to others the large and growing collection of bikes that I own?

No comments: